Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day Trip to Los Angeles

Los Angeles was wonderful, warm and relatively clear. I had a nice visit with my mom and scanned in a bunch of old photos. The sunset from San Dimas looking toward the city, with all the smoke from the fires, was amazing. What wasn't amazing was the way the LA Dodgers played and now they are out of the World Series.

Isn't this a great photo. It was taken by my father of my mom in 1948 before they were married.

"9 to 5" was fun, pretty true to the movie with lots of new songs and dancing. The staging was awesome. Allison Janney stared as Violet. This play is definitely for chicks. The guys must have been at the Dodger game seeing them get their butts kicked. But since the San Diego Padres were dead last in their league, guess I should keep my mouth shut.

Now we are off to the Colorado River for some water skiing and our traditional deep-fried turkey. If the weather holds we should have a great weekend. Will be back late Sunday and will have no phone, no TV and no Internet until then. Yipee.

Later.

No comments: